Tuesday 28 February 2017

I just watch wedding daytime T.V all day and sip cold coffee.

The beginning.

So I am new to this so please bare with me and go easy on me. Also I am trying to type on my phone in bed, whilst eating a pack of palma violets.

I began jotting down my day to day ramblings and rants in an email to my dad, sometimes they were quite often full minute by minute accounts of my day. Fair to say after a while he no longer was quite as eager to read his 5 page email that pinged in his inbox at 3am every morning just too read how well my 4 loads of washing had gone. So I though I would safe him the hassle and bore the entire world wide web instead!

It all started when my dad asked me (innocently making idle conversation) what I did in my days now I am on maternity leave. Looking back I am unaware of why I answered the way I did, maybe I felt extra fresh or maybe I just was so tired a quick answer seemed an easy option but either way the answer I gave is what prompted me too look at my life differently.
I shrugged and said, “well not a lot really, I take Oscar too school, then sit on the sofa with Nalah and watch Say yes to the dress until its time to pick Oscar up again.”

Wow!! I have actually become so used to this zombie lifestyle I am living and actually started too believe  all I do all say is sit and watch people buying wedding dresses and analyse the shop attendant’s bizarre lip liner. And that is when I began to write, write what I do, how I feel and what fills my days, to help me understand why my coffee is always cold.

Introducing the DIY nappy wielding bride...

I am a twenty six, though look about thirteen mother and I am often worried that I will be confused at the school gate with some of the year sixes. I have two beautiful children. Oscar who is 5 going on 50  from a previous relationship and Nalah who is just 2 months old.

I am engaged to Carl my hardworking non stop fiancĂ©. Carl and I met whilst working in a children’s home for teenagers.
He turned up in the nick of time saving my arse on too many occasions from broken noses too a foot in the fanny and was always there to safe my day and that is kind of just how it started, with 3am McDonald's breakfast and little smiles here and there. Very quickly he became everything my life needed.

So enough of the soppiness. I am his bride to be. 

I am a serious tight arse and everything for wedding is going to be budgeted. I have scoured the Internet to source items 3 pence cheaper than I’ve seen elsewhere. Which is why I have decided too become a DIY bride.
That been said this does not mean I want to skimp on the quality of our big day. I want it to be perfect which is why the wedding is in my head, Pinterest is at my fingertips, wedding t.v is on my box 24/7.

This blog will mainly be the ramblings of my day too day life being a mummy with some wedding planning stress thrown in for good measure.
Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment